ABOUT WESTCHESTER DAY SCHOOL
Established in 1948 in Mamaroneck, NY, WDS, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational, dual curriculum Jewish elementary school (2-year-olds through 8th grade), prepares students to live as mensches & lifelong learners.
This is a broad position & requires someone who is process and operations-oriented, highly detailed, with a strong multi-tasking ability, who can see small & large projects to conclusion. Candidates should have superior phone & communication skills, experience with daily administrative tasks & knowledge of office technology & computer software. S/he will have excellent written & verbal communication skills & will have demonstrated problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate will be resourceful & able to follow through on all tasks efficiently & responsibly. The ideal candidate will be an effective professional with strong interpersonal skills, who works well with others as part of a team in a multi-faceted organization. S/he will be a detail-oriented self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task, effective with time management, & will enjoy the intellectual challenge of working with the school’s administration & faculty, while supporting various key professionals. The candidate should have a warm, pleasant personality, exhibit flexibility, & work calmly in a busy and demanding school environment. The candidate will be completely trustworthy & maintain confidentiality, will work independently, as well as take direction & make sound judgments about daily decisions & priorities.
• Manage telephone activity, screening/forwarding calls, & greeting parents & guests
• Collect & distribute the mail.
• Maintain an organized office space, keep track of school/office supplies
• Provide general assistant-level support to administrators
• Organize the After School Program
• Prepare transcripts & report cards for high school admission & participate in the planning of 8th grade graduation
• Plan Middle School trips & order busses for all trips.
• High proficiency in MS Office & Google
• Strong customer service & organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task & prioritize work
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Hebrew language a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. All employees receive health & tuition benefits
To apply please visit https://www.westchesterday.org/about
For more information, contact: https://www.westchesterday.org/about