Upper School Principal
Ramaz, a Jewish Day School located in New York City with a rich history of Jewish education, academic distinction, and nurturing individual abilities and aspirations, is seeking a stellar principal of its upper school (grades 9-12). The ideal candidate understands and is committed to the values, ethos, and complexities of a 21st century Modern Orthodox yeshiva. Applicants should have demonstrated success as a leader and strategic skills, including initiating and managing change.
• Master’s degree in education or related field preferred.
• 10+ years of strong leadership and management in similar school setting.
• Excellent pedagogical skills – including the capacity to plan, initiate, lead, and develop education and teaching in general and subject-specific areas– to uphold the centrality of rigorous learning at Ramaz.
• Experience fostering a student-centered educational and social-emotional philosophy.
• Embody high ethical standards.
• Proven record of leading, motivating and developing high performance teams and processes.
• Demonstrated success in program development and implementation.
• Highly developed problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to establish trust.
Attributes and Responsibilities
• Embrace and lead a process that brings faculty together to examine & enhance the curriculum to help ensure relevance & student preparedness for the 21st century, & for their future roles as active members & leaders of the Jewish community.
• Inspire students with Torah knowledge & values, text-based tools, & joy to engage in Jewish life as active & observant Jews.
• Articulate & promote the value and differentiation of a Ramaz education in ways that inspires school pride.
• Set clear objectives, expectations, & accountability with direct reports to ensure achievement of goals and consistent, transparent communication among stakeholders.
• Manage & oversee Upper School operations, budgeting, & programming with leadership teams, finance, operations, institutional advancement, & communications to meet strategic objectives.
• Establish a highly visible presence through teaching & speaking.
• Nurture a warm, dynamic culture to recruit & retain engaged, motivated students, & top-tier faculty.
Compensation: Highly competitive with comparable schools & other regional non-profits.
Send CV/resume/cover letter, Attn: Jonathan Cannon, Head of School, email@example.com
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org