Assistant Principal Middle School 2020-2021 Academic Year
Magen David Yeshivah is looking for an Assistant Principal to lead, direct and supervise the Middle School program.
1. Instructional Leadership
– Assist the Principal in the development, implementation, improvement and evaluation of the instructional program conforming to the school’s mission statement.
– Provide instructional leadership by keeping current in instructional techniques and technology.
– Work as part of a collaborative leadership team in school administration
– Assist in evaluation of student academic performance and provide leadership to improve this performance.
– Conduct parent and student meetings and attend all school activities
2. Staff Personnel
– Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow)
– Assist in screening, interviewing, and recommending employment and contractual status of staff.
– Mentor, assess and assist in the evaluation and supervision of teachers.
3. Curriculum Development
– Assist in coordination and development of the curriculum.
– Work with principal in implementing new programs into the curriculum.
4. Pupil Personnel
– Partner with parents in working to provide children with optimal levels of challenge
– Assists staff to develop appropriate responses to student behavior.
5. Public Relations
– Support the school/community organizations.
– Develop and maintain positive communication with the community.
– Must have Rabbinical Ordination and/or a Masters degree’s degree or higher, preferably in a major concentration in educational administration
– At least five years successful highly qualified teaching experience in education required.
– Strong skills in culturally relevant education and a demonstrated ability to work with teachers, staff, and the community to maximize student achievement.
– Ability to implement policy based progressive discipline with students and staff with consistent and equitable conflict resolution skills.
– Effective communication skills to support staff evaluation, school-wide strategic planning, and professional development activities.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org