Director of Admissions of Westchester Day School
WDS, a dynamic educational institution, seeks a warm, energetic & collaborative mensch to contribute their strengths to our journey forward. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills, humility, drive & a commitment to connecting families to the unparalleled impact of a day school education.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Established in 1948 in Mamaroneck, NY, WDS, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational, dual curriculum Jewish elementary school (2-year-olds through 8th grade), prepares students to live as mensches & lifelong learners & inspires them to impact the world around them by cultivating a commitment to Torah, midot, community & academic rigor.
• Model our Mission Statement
• Design & implement a comprehensive strategic plan of admissions
• Attend faculty meetings, seek out professional development, & contribute to the overall school community
• Manage the various points of initial contact including admissions portal on website, email & phone
• Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment including tours, applications, interviews, testing, prior school reports, & communicating final decisions
• Develop appropriate admissions and marketing materials, ads, mailings, website, social media & publications that communicate the school to prospective families
• Identify new areas & methods of recruitment, plan events & attend external school fairs
• Be out in the field, generating interest in, & visits to the school
• Cultivate & maintain relationships with feeder schools, synagogues and local Jewish communal organizations
• Recruit, train & manage parent ambassadors
• Analyze & track demographics of feeder communities & manage community representatives
• Manage the re-enrollment of current students & develop strategies to achieve maximum retention
• Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission & re-enrollment program & represent the school at various gatherings & conferences related to admissions.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree
•Three+ years of experience in admissions, education, marketing or fundraising
•Track record of relationship-building & strategic planning
•Strong character & professional references.
•Solid communication, writing & organization skills, positive & collaborative growth
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience & all employees receive health and tuition benefits
To apply visit https://www.westchesterday.org/about
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org