Director of Operations Job
Director of Operations Job Description
Young Israel Lawrence-Cedarhurst
To apply, or for inquiries, please contact: Jchwat74@gmail.com
The Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst is a community which engages in learning on all levels for all people. We endeavor to help our members and the community at large find their unique portals of access to closeness to Hashem through Torah, Tefilah and Gemilut Chasadim.
The Director of Operations (DO), reporting to the Executive Director and working with our Executive Assistant and Bookkeeper, serves to assist the Executive Director in all operational matters of running the synagogue. The Director will be knowledgeable about all YILC programs and events and will be an integral part of our skilled and valued operations team. Interacting extensively with synagogue leadership, members, potential members and the public (including vendors).
The DO’s Principal Responsibilities are (including but not limited to) the following:
• Oversee and coordinate the master facilities calendar; serve as point of contact for scheduling YILC events (internal and external); oversee annual calendar planning process;
• Oversee and manage Custodial staff and oversee all shul maintenance needs;
• Oversee and manage events and contracts with outside vendors; oversee facilities rental process for synagogue members and outside rentals;
• Support new member welcoming, by responding to membership inquiries, processing member applications, and sending welcome letters to new members;
• Prepare monthly membership reports, as well as customized analyses of members for targeted communications, for the Executive Director, President and board of directors;
• Oversee process to research and select vendors and coordinate documentation for infrastructure projects to include security and maintenance related projects.
• Works closely with the Rabbi in planning visionary programs that reach all tiers of the membership.
• Helps work with the Rabbi to create a team atmosphere in the office working to reach and engage the full membership
• Is willing to pick the tab on office basics as needed.
The DO’s necessary skills and experience are (including but not limited to) the following:
• Five or more years of experience performing a full range of synagogue or Jewish institutional management and administrative functions (preferred);
• Experience in non-profit or membership organization (preferred);
• Outstanding interpersonal
For more information, contact: Jchwat74@gmail.com