Early Childhood Center School Nurse
We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
ABOUT THE JOB
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center is looking for a School Nurse that will be responsible for the healthcare of our students and staff members. To be successful as a School Nurse, you must be knowledgeable in principles and practices underlying professional nursing and remain up to date with current trends in the specialized field of school health. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
– Utilizing existing resources to provide appropriate healthcare to students and staff.
– Assessing the status of student and staff immunization documentation, when necessary.
– Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing preventative healthcare services, such as immunizations.
– Developing and implementing health plans for students with specific health needs.
– Carrying out health assessments and screening for deficits in vision, hearing, growth, and/or development of students.
– Planning and implementing school health management protocols and procedures, especially for emergency situations.
– Providing referrals, to parents or staff, for intervention and remediation of abnormal or worrying health conditions affecting students.
– Providing ongoing health counseling to students, parents, and staff.
– Completing medical paperwork, when necessary.
– Attending various school meetings.
– Must be a New York State registered Nurse. Pediatric experience is desirable, but not necessary.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah – vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah
For more information, contact: https://mdyschool.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f058a12d-fac5-a6e9-09f0-7b29306872af/apply?source=1336552-CS-39442