Elementary School Assistant Teachers PT and FT
We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
We are looking for Full-Time and Part-Time Elementary School Assistant Teachers for the 2020-2021 School Year at our Brooklyn school. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
The nature of this year’s educational program is different in many ways. Candidates should be aware that as assistants, they will be directed by a lead teacher, but they will be supervising a cohort on their own in another room. They will not be in the classroom to assist teachers in the conventional sense.
Assistants need to be flexible, open to learning new things, patient, collaborative, caring, responsible and reliable.
– Collaborating with the lead teacher in planning the curriculum and reviewing lesson plans.
– Preparing and studying the material to be taught, in order to be knowledgeable of the objectives of the lesson.
– Developing instructional course materials, and innovating ideas to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
– Supporting differentiated instruction by working with students’ particular learning styles and needs.
– Tracking and rating students’ progress during lessons, and on formative and summative assessments.
– Meeting with the lead teacher to reflect on your observations of the lesson.
– Tending to all class responsibilities to complete scheduled targets in the lead teacher’s absence.
– Attend meetings and discussions to understand the functioning of the classroom and the strategies implemented.
– Assisting and offering ideas in classroom and bulletin board design.
– Assistant Teacher should have completed a High School Degree.
– Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah – vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah
For more information, contact: https://mdyschool.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/c47a0d3f-3637-41c2-2f12-2521e815a8c6/apply?source=1374132-CS-39442