Executive Assistant to the Head of School
TanenbaumCHAT is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Head of School
The Anne and Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto (TanenbaumCHAT) provides a comprehensive, premiere Jewish experience. Our graduates emerge with knowledge and courage to impact the world around them.
• To enhance Head of School’s efficiency and effectiveness by providing information; managing his calendar, telephone calls and appointments; and representing the needs and interests of the Head of School to others.
• To put systems in place for filing, message taking and time management.
Main Duties (includes but not limited to):
• Maintain executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel and ensure that executive adheres to schedule.
• Conserve and manage executive’s time by reading, researching, proofing and prioritizing correspondence, drafting letters and documents.
• Welcome guests and constituents by phone or in person and field phone inquiries and manage difficult conversations.
• Assist with duties that enhance the performance of the whole school such as graduation, or other large scale events.
• Other duties that may arise from time to time
Interpersonal Skills that are required:
• Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to work under pressure but remain flexible, calm, resourceful and efficient.
• Ability to multi-task with good follow through and pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience “managing up”.
• Time and data management using Microsoft Office and Google Calendar.
• Attention to detail and strong decision-making skills.
• Expert writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of community and its history desirable.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Must be intuitive, practical, discerning and mature.
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com