Full-Time Special Ed Teacher (not aide) to Help Fully Include a Middle Schooler
Seeking a hard-working TEACHER to play a very hands-on role in helping to fully include a sweet, hard-working 7th grade girl with Down syndrome in class (both secular and Judaic studies) with her typical peers throughout the school day, at RPRY (Rabbi Pesach Raymon Yeshiva) in Edison, New Jersey.
A. Student-related responsibilities:
1. Design, plan, and implement modifications and accommodations, based on lesson plans and instructional materials.
2. Push in to classrooms to provide support and differentiated instruction (for one student in particular, and to some extent to her peers) via small group and one-on-one lessons. Fade away support as appropriate.
3. Pre-teach certain lessons to prepare student ahead of time for certain classroom lessons and/or discussions.
4. Help track student’s academic and social progress, and dynamically adapt teaching strategies as needed to remediate challenges.
5. Support a child in her efforts to self-advocate.
B. Teacher-related responsibilities:
1. Collaborate and consult in educational planning while serving as a teacher who supports classroom teacher(s).
2. Create materials for teachers to use to help facilitate classroom lessons.
3. Share effective education strategies to support student’s needs.
4. Collaborate and cooperate with classroom teachers and school administration.
C. Parent-related responsibilities:
1. Communicate with parents on a recurring basis via text, email, phone, and/or Google Docs.
2. Participate in parent-teacher conferences, along with formal and informal planning and assessment meetings.
3. Transparently share concerns and challenges with parents, and brainstorm potential solutions.
4. Be available to interact with parents via phone during evening/weekend hours, as needed.
· BA in Education is required; MA in Special Ed, Inclusive Education, or related field a big plus
· Minimum 3 years of classroom experience, ideally with inclusion experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Out-of-the-box thinker who can creatively problem-solve
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs
· Passion for inclusive education
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: InclusionNJ@gmail.com
For more information, contact: InclusionNJ@gmail.com