High School Science Teacher, Hebrew Academy (RASG)
The Hebrew Academy community seeks innovative, knowledgeable, inspiring and committed Science teacher beginning August 2020. This is a tremendous opportunity for a growth-oriented educator looking for an extraordinary opportunity to join an outstanding team and help write the next great chapter of the Fana Holtz High School. Hebrew Academy is passionately invested in the ongoing personal and professional development of faculty. Over the past year, faculty across the school have attended more than 35 conferences, more than 30 faculty members participated in intensive year-long PD programs, and close to 35 faculty members received ongoing 1:1 coaching. We are shifting towards an increasingly student-centered, personalized learning program in which each and every student and faculty member can thrive.
The primary and essential duties/responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Teach multiple science courses.
• Collaborate with colleagues within and across subject areas, and all aspects of school life.
• Attend functions in support of school and community
• Participate in the lives of our students outside of the classroom
The successful candidate will have the following dispositions:
• embrace a warm and inquisitive faculty culture focused on advancing Hebrew Academy’s mission.
• embrace ongoing professional development
• convey patience and empathy with adolescents and colleagues.
• be self-reflective, work collaboratively, and committed to professional growth.
• embrace working with a diverse student population.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
• possess an understanding of current teaching best practices and child/adolescent development
• model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student
• demonstrate fluency with academic technology that advances learning for students
• personalize instruction and assessment to maximize student learning.
• create a stimulating and challenging learning environment with an emphasis on student learning.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com