JEWISH STUDIES IN-SERVICE TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM (JSITT)
Are you looking to enter a career in Jewish day school teaching? Do you have a passion for Jewish texts but have not had the opportunity to formally study the content-specific pedagogies which are essential for maximizing student learning? JSITT might be for you!
The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators and TalentEd have partnered to provide the 14-month Jewish Studies In-Service Teacher Training Program (JSITT) at a significantly subsidized cost for eligible educators.
· Participation in either one or two consecutive summer Day School Teachers Track programs at Pardes in July
· Study of a pedagogy syllabus designed especially for in-service Jewish studies teachers via twice monthly video conferencing
· Once a month 1-on-1 video mentoring to reflect on the participants’ personal teaching practice and to get feedback and/or support
· Two in-person two-day school visits by a PCJE faculty member (in November and March) who observe classes and assist with hands on implementation of new pedagogy practices
· The final August of the program includes a last round of 1-on-1 video mentoring sessions to ensure maximum implementation for the school year(s) ahead
· Participants earn a Certificate of Pedagogy in Jewish Studies from PCJE
For more information, reach out to: Rachel Friedrichs at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: https://www.pardes.org.il/program/pardes-day-school-educator-programs/jewish-studies-in-service-teacher-training-program/
For more information, contact: email@example.com