Kindergarten Associate Teacher
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center, a Jewish Preschool located in Brooklyn, is looking for an experienced Kindergarten Associate. Moving toward actively creating a constructivist approach to education, we are becoming a Reggio-inspired school bringing in new staff and new leadership. Our teachers participate in school-wide Professional Development programs as well as courses and conferences of individual interest. Our faculty is a true Community of Learners and teachers thrive in an environment of support and growth. Now is an exciting time to join us!
The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
– Collaborating with the lead teacher in planning the curriculum and reviewing lesson plans.
– Preparing and studying the material to be taught, in order to be knowledgeable of the objectives of the lesson.
– Developing instructional course materials, and innovating ideas to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
– Supporting differentiated instruction by working with students’ particular learning styles and needs.
– Tracking and rating students’ progress during lessons, and on formative and summative assessments.
– Meeting with the lead teacher to reflect on your observations of the lesson.
– Tending to all class responsibilities to complete scheduled targets in the lead teacher’s absence.
– Attend meetings and discussions to understand the functioning of the classroom and the strategies implemented.
– Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
– Associates must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
– Hold certification and/or license in Early Childhood Education.
– All candidates should be warm, nurturing, creative, engaging, and have a passion for working with young children.
– Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays.
– Experience in emergent curriculum is a plus.
– A background in constructivist- play based settings is a plus.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah – https://vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah
For more information, contact: https://mdyschool.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f79ed5f8-f8da-240b-8b18-bc6790ed6a52/apply?source=1295757-CS-39442