We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center, a Jewish Preschool located in Brooklyn, is looking for experienced Kindergarten Teacher. Moving toward actively creating a constructivist approach to education, we are becoming a Reggio-inspired school bringing in new staff and new leadership. Our teachers participate in school-wide Professional Development programs as well as courses and conferences of individual interest. Our faculty is a true Community of Learners and teachers thrive in an environment of support and growth. Now is an exciting time to join us!
– In a classroom environment, Teachers will plan and supervise a warm, nurturing developmentally appropriate environment for the development of the whole child while integrating a program of both Limudei Hol and Limudei Kodesh under Magen David Yeshivah’s high level of care and educational standards.
– Head Teacher will design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, and inclusion of all children, parents, volunteers and staff.
– Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
– Lead teacher should have a Master’s degree or be in near completion and at least 2-3 years experience working in a progressive early childhood environment.
– Hold certification and/or license in Early Childhood Education.
– All candidates should be warm, nurturing, creative, engaging, and have a passion for working with young children.
– Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays.
– Experience in emergent curriculum is a plus.
– A background in constructivist- play based settings is a plus.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah.
For more information, contact: email@example.com