Maternity Leave: Elementary Co-Teacher and Middle School Jewish Studies
Student-centered Manhattan Jewish Day school with a strong culture of faculty reflection, collaboration, and professional growth, is looking for thoughtful educators to fill TWO maternity leave positions in the fall of 2019.
The school runs a dual Judaic-General Studies curriculum. Both of these positions require relative fluency in Hebrew. Co-teachers in elementary school are responsible to share the responsibilities of teaching both Jewish AND General Studies. Teachers in middle school are responsible for their own classroom but support students as part of a team.
• At least 2 years of classroom teaching required
• BA, EdM, or MA in education preferred
• Familiarity with modern Hebrew required
• FIRST GRADE position: Training in, and/or experience with, teaching early elementary-aged students required
• MIDDLE SCHOOL position: Training in, and/or experience with, teaching pre-adolescent students, plus skills in teaching traditional Jewish texts (tanach and Talmud)
• Experience teaching a student-centered, hands-on curriculum preferred
• Interest and willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment
Salary: competitive, and commensurate with experience
Contact: email resume to: Gary Pretsfelder, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com