Middle School Inclusion Teacher
Part- or Full-Time Teacher to Help Fully Include Middle Schooler
Do you passionately believe in inclusive education for children with special needs?
Do you have a go-getter attitude and an interest in collaborating with other teachers?
Do you want to make a real difference in the life of a student who has a thirst for knowledge?
We are seeking a hard-working teacher to help fully include a sweet, hard-working middle schooler with Down Syndrome in class (both general and Judaic studies) with her typical peers.
A. Student-related responsibilities:
1. Design, plan, and implement modifications and accommodations, based on lesson plans and instructional materials.
2. Push in to classrooms to provide support and differentiated instruction. Fade away support as appropriate.
3. Pre-teach to prepare student for certain classroom lessons and/or discussions.
4. Help track student’s academic and social progress, and dynamically adapt teaching strategies as needed to remediate challenges.
5. Support a child in her efforts to self-advocate.
B. Teacher-related responsibilities:
6. Collaborate and consult in educational planning while supporting classroom teacher(s).
7. Create materials for teachers to use to help facilitate classroom lessons.
8. Share effective education strategies to support student’s needs.
9. Collaborate and cooperate with classroom teachers and school administration.
C. Parent-related responsibilities:
10. Communicate with parents on a recurring basis via email, phone, and/or Google Docs.
11. Participate in parent-teacher conferences, along with formal and informal planning and assessment meetings.
12. Transparently share concerns and challenges with parents, and brainstorm potential solutions.
13. Be available to interact with parents via phone during evening/weekend hours, as needed.
· Bachelor of Education degree required; Master degree in Special Education, Inclusive Education, or related field preferred
· Minimum 3 years of classroom experience, ideally with inclusion experience
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Out-of-the-box thinker who can creatively problem-solve
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs
· Passion for inclusive education
Salary commensurate with experience
Please send resumé to: InclusionNJ@gmail.com
For more information, contact: InclusionNJ@GMAIL.COM