Part-Time Special Educator
Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, is seeking experienced candidates for a part-time Special Educator position in our Elementary School for the 2020-21 school year.
● Plan and deliver math support and structured, sequential literacy instruction to small groups or one-on-one with remote and in-person learners.
● Work one-on-one and in small groups with remote and in-person students with learning disabilities and English language learners to help facilitate understanding of the curriculum
● Support students in areas of executive function such as planning and prioritizing, organization, and time management
● Modify assignments/instruction for students with classroom teacher input
● Implement recommendations and accommodations for students with learning differences
● Closely monitor student progress and communicate with teachers, support staff, and families
● Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing support needs in the school environment
● Ability to maintain a collaborative spirit and bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to work each day
● Available 6-8 hours a week to support students in the Elementary School
● Master’s degree in special education, reading, or related discipline
● Experience working individually and in small groups with Elementary School students
● Familiarity with elementary-level curriculum
● Excellent communication, planning, and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; responds in a timely fashion to questions and concerns from students, parents, and staff
● Able to support students remotely if needed and incorporate technology into instruction
● Fluent in the English language
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Please apply to email@example.com with your desired position in the subject line.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org