Full Time Junior High Math Teacher
We are the Fuchs Mizrachi School, a leading Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School located in Beachwood, Ohio. Educating and inspiring students from age two through twelfth grade, we are motivated by a real passion for deep, meaningful learning and leadership.
Our Mathematics Department is looking for a Full Time Junior High Math Teacher to join our team starting in the fall of 2021.
Reports to: Junior High Principal, Upper School Mathematics Department Chair
● Planning, building, delivering, and measuring the success of student-centered classroom mathematics lessons within the context of the school’s math curriculum
● Identifying research-based practices and programs to experiment with and implement
● Pursuing and participating in professional development
● Communicating with administration, counselors, and tutors to in order to best support and enrich student learning
● Communicating with parents and students through our LMS and via email/phone calls
● Offering students additional help, individualized instruction, and mentoring
● Participating in required afterschool and weekend events (i.e. open houses, curriculum nights, and parent-teacher conferences)
● Supervision and/or participation in non-academic activities, including: lunch, study halls, programming, class trips, etc.
● Cultivating authentic, positive relationships with current students and parents
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mathematics or a related field
● Two or more years of teaching experience.
● Ohio Teaching License (Middle Childhood certification is a plus)
● FBI/BCI background check
The right candidate is:
● Eager to continue learning, improving, and experimenting on one’s own and as a part of a team
● Organized and detail oriented
● An excellent communicator, both in speech and in writing
● Upbeat with a genuine interest in the education of adolescents
● Creative, flexible, and professional
Salary and Benefits:
● Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience
● Benefits package available
Fuchs Mizrachi School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
For more about our school, please visit our website at fuchsmizrachi.org.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org