JH/HS Judaic Studies Teacher
We are Fuchs Mizrachi School, a leading, internationally renowned, Modern Orthodox Jewish day school in Beachwood, Ohio. We educate and inspire students from age two through twelfth grade. We are motivated by a real passion for deep, meaningful learning and leadership. We believe that excellent teacher-student relationships are the foundation of great education. Situated in the heart of the dynamic, expanding, vibrant Cleveland Jewish community, our school offers teachers the opportunity to live and grow in one of the most affordable Orthodox Jewish communities in North America.
Our Judaic Studies Department is looking for Junior High (6 – 8) and/or High School (9-12) Judaic Studies teachers to join our team starting in the fall of 2021. Your area of interest and your background will determine at which grade levels you teach.
In This Role
· You will cultivate warm, authentic, positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
· You will plan, build, deliver, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school’s Judaic Studies curriculum.
· You will seek out research-based practices and programs to experiment with and implement.
· You will collaborate with partner teachers and administrators to advance the mission of the school.
Regardless Of Position, You Will Likely Be
· Excited about and experienced with, education in the areas of Talmud/Halacha, Tanach, and/or Jewish History and Thought.
· Eager to continue learning and making improvements to your pedagogy.
· Organized and detail-oriented.
· A good communicator, both in speech and in writing.
· Upbeat with a genuine interest in the education of teenagers.
· Creative, flexible, and professional.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Fuchs Mizrachi School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
For more about our school, please visit our website at https://www.fuchsmizrachi.org/
To apply for this position please send a letter of application and a resume to DLevin@fuchsmizrachi.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com