Early Childhood Associate Teachers
We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
ABOUT THE JOB
Magen David Yeshivah Early Childhood Center, a Jewish Preschool located in Brooklyn, is looking for an experienced Kindergarten Associate Teacher for the 2020-2021 School Year. Moving toward actively creating a constructivist approach to education, we are becoming a Reggio-inspired school bringing in new staff and new leadership. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
– Collaborating with the lead teacher in planning the curriculum and reviewing lesson plans.
– Preparing and studying the material to be taught, in order to be knowledgeable of the objectives of the lesson.
– Developing instructional course materials, and innovating ideas to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
– Supporting differentiated instruction by working with students’ particular learning styles and needs.
– Tracking and rating students’ progress during lessons, and on formative and summative assessments.
– Meeting with the lead teacher to reflect on your observations of the lesson.
– Tending to all class responsibilities to complete scheduled targets in the lead teacher’s absence.
– Attend meetings and discussions to understand the functioning of the classroom and the strategies implemented.
– Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students.
– Associates must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
– Hold certification and/or license in Early Childhood Education.
– All candidates should be warm, nurturing, creative, engaging, and have a passion for working with young children.
– Knowledge of the Jewish Holidays.
– Experience in emergent curriculum is a plus.
– A background in constructivist- play based settings is a plus.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah – vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah
For more information, contact: https://mdyschool.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f79ed5f8-f8da-240b-8b18-bc6790ed6a52/apply?source=1295757-CS-39442