Science Instructional Leader K-8 and Middle School Science Teacher
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative teacher to lead our expanding STEM program and to teach Middle School STEM for Fall 2022-23. Essential duties include: (1) oversee the STEM curriculum for K-8; (2) support science teachers in their planning, (3) teach Science labs to K-5; (4) planning and preparation of materials, classroom instruction with an eye towards differentiated and progressive practices with ongoing student assessment and feedback.
Successful candidates will possess a growth mindset, self-motivation, curiosity and openness to new ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in a school setting where children’s learning and experiences are central to educational decisions.
● Oversee the STEM curriculum from K-8
● Coach science teachers throughout the school
● Teach middle school science, Grades 6-8
● Design and deliver curriculum according to Common Core and NGSS
● Collaborate with a team of teachers
● Positively manage classroom routines and behaviors
● Communicate effectively with families
● Develop students’ academic and social-emotional competencies
● Masters Degree
● Training or experience in Special Education preferred
● Minimum 5 years of teaching experience
● Strong pedagogical skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Innovative and dynamic educator
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org), we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Our two campuses serve 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated Jewish day school education in a progressive environment. Our students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue. At Luria, we focus on the whole child; as such, our educators develop learning experiences that support and challenge each student. We track student progress using standards based assessment and grading practices.
Salary range: $90,000-$100,000
Please send a resume and cover letter that outlines your experience and interest in joining the Luria community to: Dr. Jennifer Davids, Upper School Director, jenniferD@luria-academy.org