Luria Academy of Brooklyn seeks a Director of Institutional Advancement who will work in partnership with the Head of School to create a vision for and lead the Institutional Advancement Department. They will collaborate with the Development Committee, and other trustees to sustain and increase the school’s broad-based annual campaign, to cultivate and steward major donors, and to lead the school’s capital campaign. The successful candidate must have an authentic passion for Luria’s mission and demonstrated success in development strategy and operations. The Director of Institutional Advancement will be responsible for planning, directing, and managing all fundraising activity and overseeing the strategy for the advancement department.
• Work with the Head of School and Board of Trustees to develop a multi-pronged fundraising strategy that will generate short-term results as well as sustainable long-term growth that includes ways to deepen and diversify philanthropic support.
• Design and oversee fundraising events of various sizes and scales, in partnership with the Head of School and Event Producer as per the Development Plan.
• Manage a personal portfolio of prospective donors (foundation and individual) and deepen existing donor relationships through regular cultivation and communication.
• Develop and foster a culture and understanding of philanthropy among the Luria parent community and staff.
• Lead a successful capital campaign for Luria’s new building.
• Manage all grant applications and reporting.
• Lead Board governance, fundraising and strategy, in partnership with Head of School.
• Oversee the strategy for and manage the Directors of Admissions, Community Engagement, and Marketing/Communications, under the Advancement Department.
• Proven track-record of work performed with the highest quality and excellence
• Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to shift priorities
• Possess a strong work ethic with the ability to meet short deadlines
• Have an undergraduate degree and five years of relevant work experience
Please submit a current resume and a letter of interest to: Amanda Pogany, Head of School, Amanda@luria-academy.org