Luria Academy of Brooklyn
Director of Student Support
For August 2022
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 320 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
The Director of Student Support, will be responsible for the inclusion program at Luria Academy. They serve as a senior administrator under the Head of School for matters involving policies, procedures and systems, including setting school-wide goals and priorities, identifying areas for improvement, and helping craft a vision for the future of Luria’s inclusion and social/emotional programs. They collaborate closely with other members of the school’s Educational Leadership Team to ensure that the inclusion program maximally support the school’s mission and vision centered on each student’s academic and social/emotional development.
• Serves on the school’s Educational Leadership Team
• Manages the support services team including the school psychologist, guidance counselor, support services administrator, and related service providers
• Develops and articulates a vision for Luria’s inclusion program and support services
• Guides, evaluates and improves on our inclusion program to meet the needs of all learners
• Supports faculty, parents, students, and related service providers
• Oversees the IEP process including parent support
• Supports faculty to successfully meet the needs of all learners including developing intervention programs, differentiating lessons, RTI, and social interactions
• Provides professional development to support faculty in their work with students with special needs
• Assist the admissions director to assess prospective students
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills with adults and children
● A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a school setting
● Familiarity with the NYC DOE and IEP process
● Must have excellent leadership, management and organizational skills
Please send cover letter and resume to: Amanda Pogany, Head of School, Amanda@luria-academy.org.