Barkai Yeshivah Early Childhood Center has an opening for a school social worker position.
Barkai Yeshivah is an Orthodox Brooklyn based Sephardic Torani school. Our students are
taught using a proprietary educational methodology that is inspired by the best practices from
traditional and modern educational philosophies. All studies at Barkai are taught using a child
centered approach which is inspired by best practices of progressive methodology. All classes
utilize some components of group learning, differentiated learning and project based learning to
achieve a deep learning in class. Our students emerge with a strong sense of identity, refined
character and compassion to engage in life as dedicated members of Klal Yisrael.
School Social Worker Position:
This is a part-time position in an early childhood school setting, ranging from a twos class
● Collaborate with members of the Student Support Team to support students’ academic,
social-emotional, and behavioral needs.
● Provide short term individual counseling to students presenting with social-emotional
● Lead groups targeting the development of specific skills and coping strategies.
● Consult with teachers, administrators, and outside service providers to develop and
implement targeted intervention plans.
● Create and implement Behavioral Intervention Plans.
● Provide crisis intervention and school wide support, as needed.
● Design and implement social-emotional learning curriculum, as well as other
● Facilitate parent and teacher trainings and workshops.
Masters in social work; experience with teacher consultations, play therapy and behavior planning; strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a member of a team.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com