Davis Renov Stahler Yeshiva High School for Boys (DRS), located in Woodmere, NY, strives to
provide its diverse student body with a rigorous education in Jewish and general studies. In a
warm and empowering environment, DRS promotes intellectual exploration and spiritual growth.
DRS is seeking an experienced and growth-driven individual to serve as Director of our
College Guidance Department.
The responsibilities include:
● Counseling and supporting students and parents in the college selection and
● Developing, in partnership with our parents, individual college plans.
● Advising students regarding course selection
● Establishing and maintaining relationships with colleges and their representatives as
well as other college guidance counselors; attending conferences, visiting colleges,
welcoming them to our school
● Hosting programs for parents and students in all grades: college information evenings,
college panel, financial aid evening, college chats
● Representing the school at various school events for education of both students and
applicants (e.g. Back-to-School Night; Open House)
● Coordinating standardized tests at the school, including School SAT Day and School
ACT Day in the spring and fall
● Writing counselor letters and reviewing teacher letters of recommendation for all
● Coordinating teacher recommendations process from March of the junior year
● Guiding English department process of college essay writing (junior and senior year)
● Reviewing and offering feedback to student college essays
● Educating students regarding summer internships and career opportunities and
publishing annual summer guide.
● Communicating with students and parents via regular e-newsletter updates–both from
the college guidance office and via the DRS Weekly
● Demonstrating expertise with SCOIR as the central portal for all applicants and
● Leading the department and collaborating with its members and school administrators
in innovative approaches to college guidance
● Overseeing the academic transcripts with the registrar and principal and tracking
● Approving and releasing transcripts and diplomas
● Managing the department of college counselor(s), and overseeing the quality of the
caseload of processes of those counselors
The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing and communication skills,
creativity, flexibility, warmth, an interest in collaborative practices, and the highest level of
integrity. The candidate will be committed to growing and focusing the role of college guidance
so that it is both integral to and relevant for our school community. The ideal candidate will be
adept at all digital and cloud-based forms of collaboration, communication, and file-keeping.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.