Yeshiva Har Torah, a Centrist Orthodox Yeshiva for boys and girls located on the Queens/Long Island border, continues to experience tremendous growth and is in the process of building a state of the art Early Learning Center. As a result, we have a unique opportunity for the right person to lead us in developing what the future of our Early Childhood program will look like, as we open a new custom-built facility.
We seek a dynamic, growth oriented, collaborative educational leader, with excellent interpersonal skills and a progressive approach to early childhood education, to serve as Director of Early Childhood, beginning July 1, 2023. We will be looking for this candidate to lead with both vision and creativity, working with and inspiring our community of students, parents and faculty.
The Director of Early Childhood will join our strong leadership team, working closely with our Head of School, Principal, Assistant Principals, Director of Psychology Services and Director of Professional and Curricular Initiatives and Director of Admissions. The Director of Early Childhood should embody the school’s religious values and serve as a role model in the ideology of Torah Umadda, in philosophy and practice.
The ideal candidate should also possess:
– A child-centered educational philosophy dedicated to progressive play-based learning.
– Demonstrated skills as an educational leader and administrator with a deep understanding of pedagogy, and of teacher mentoring and supervision.
– Open and collaborative management and leadership style, comfortable soliciting input from others and making decisions effectively, and confidently.
– Ability to identify, attract, inspire, and develop top talent.
– Experience in early childhood curriculum, knowledge of best practices and research based approaches to learning and student development.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills, who can effectively serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the Early Childhood Program to the wider community and who can connect to and inspire students, faculty and parents alike.
– Excellent interpersonal skills, with a warm, honest, and fair approach in dealing with others.
– Certification in Early Childhood along with an Advanced degree in Education or Educational Administration.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package. Qualified candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to ECDresumes@hartorah.org