Yeshiva Har Torah, founded in 1989, is a warm, child centered, thriving, Centrist Orthodox Yeshiva for boys and girls, serving over 750 students. Located in Little Neck, NY, near the Queens/Long Island border, YHT continues to experience tremendous growth and is in the process of expanding its facilities to accommodate its growing needs.
We seek a dynamic, experienced, growth oriented, collaborative educational leader, with excellent interpersonal skills and a forward thinking approach, to serve as Principal, beginning July 1st, 2022.
We will be looking for this candidate to lead with both vision and creativity, working with and inspiring our community of students, parents and faculty. The Principal of Yeshiva Har Torah will join our strong leadership team, working closely with our Head of School, Assistant Principals, Director of Early Childhood, Director of Psychology Services and Director of Professional and Curricular Initiatives. He or she should embody the school’s religious values and serve as a role model in the ideology of Torah Umadda, in philosophy and practice.
The ideal candidate should also possess:
- Proven track record as an educational leader and administrator with a deep understanding of pedagogy, and of mentoring and supervision of teachers and educational school leaders.
- Extensive knowledge of, and personal commitment to, Orthodox Jewish ideals, values and practice, with an ability to consistently represent our schoolâs mission through a Torah lens.
- Open and collaborative management and leadership style, comfortable soliciting input from others and making decisions effectively, and confidently.
- Ability to identify, attract, inspire, and develop top talent.
- Experience in pre-K-8 curriculum, knowledge of best practices and research based approaches to learning and student development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, who can effectively serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the school to the wider community and who can connect to and inspire students, faculty and parents alike.â Excellent interpersonal skills, with a warm, honest, and fair approach in dealing with others.
- Advanced degree in Education, Educational Administration, or other related field.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package. Qualified candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Principalsearch@hartorah.org