Rav Bet Sefer – a great opportunity in a wonderful community!
Farber Hebrew Day School/Yeshivat Akiva is a Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School serving the entire Metropolitan Detroit Jewish Community. We strive to provide the best in secular and Torah education for children in Preschool – 12th grade. The Rav Bet Sefer is a new position to provide religious guidance, inspiration and oversight in all aspects of school life. The Rav Bet Sefer will be a vital educator and administrator involved in helping to enhance religious life at Farber both inside and outside of the classroom, with our students and with our community, and to help enhance and safeguard the school’s religious mission. The proper person for this role will be able to navigate the waters of Orthodox Judaism and engage our dynamic student and parent bodies that span a wide spectrum within the Orthodox Jewish world.
1) Administration – the Rav Bet Sefer will work with the Judaics staff and the division principals to coordinate educational and religious goals for the school. The Rav Bet Sefer will have some additional responsibilities involving student recruitment and community engagement initiatives. He will attend administrative meetings and select Board meetings to provide feedback on the school’s religious life and to ensure that the school furthers its mission as a school committed to halakhah.
2) Teach Talmud, Tanakh and Jewish thought and build relationships with students inside and outside the school
3) Positive, inspirational presence throughout the school (occasions, holidays, special programming)
4) Captain Judaic initiatives in the middle and high school
5) Write divrei torah on a monthly basis for the school’s weekly newsletter
6) Provide quarterly reports to the Board about the school’s religious activity
7) Reports to the Head of School
The search for the Rav Bet Sefer will be conducted by the Head of School with input from staff and a small select committee from the Board.
To apply, please send a cover letter to Dr. Josh Levisohn, Head of School, at email@example.com.