Donna Klein Jewish Academy
Judaic Studies Teacher 2022-2023
The Donna Klein Jewish Academy Middle School and Claire and Emanuel G. Rosenblatt High School at Donna Klein Jewish Academy seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, and qualified full-time Judaic Studies teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The appropriate individual will be able to focus on the teaching of either classical Jewish texts and/or Jewish history and Jewish thought. Candidates who have background and experience in teaching holocaust studies are highly encouraged to apply. Teaching each across multiple topic areas will be necessary.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and reflective teacher who loves working with teenagers both in and out of the classroom. S/he will have a deep appreciation for diverse communities and will be excited about developing new curricula within a Jewish Community Day School setting. In addition to teaching responsibilities, members of the Judaic Studies faculty may also lead a tefila group, plan and facilitate Jewish Life programs along with other roles that contribute to the life of the school.
Qualified applicants must:
● possess a relevant undergraduate / graduate degree(s) from an accredited educational institution and/or rabbinic ordination
● demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development in teaching & learning
● utilize existing school technology and future technology to support instruction
● work with students of various abilities
● engage as a team player and bring a positive attitude to the teaching environment
● utilize both formal and experiential teaching strategies within the classroom
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Bloom-Washofsky via e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate in your cover letter your content area specialties.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org