Magen David Yeshivah is looking for a Full-Time School Psychologist in the Early Childhood Center working with children ages 2-6. This position is for the next school year (2022-2023). Benefits included.
The guidance team of psychologists collaborates on implementing best practices within our school setting. Weekly administrative team meetings and guidance team meetings offer opportunities for case conferencing, vision and goal setting, evaluating and building upon tools and resources, and provide a forum for collegial support and professional development.
School Psychologist Responsibilities:
• Consultation and collaboration with teachers, faculty, parents, and outside providers to address student academic, social, emotional and behavioral needs.
• Regular attendance at case conferences with administrators and other faculty.
• Working in the classrooms on social emotional learning programs and activities.
• Functional analysis of student behavior leading to intervention planning and implementation.
• Scoring and interpretation of rating scales and other screening/evaluation measures.
• Data collection and analysis at the student level to aid with class placement and learning/behavioral support decisions.
• Data collection at the systemic level to aid with program planning and evaluation.
• Opportunities to co-develop and facilitate parent or teacher workshops.
• Crisis intervention at the student and school-wide level as necessary.
• PhD/PsyD in School Psychology is preferred.
• Certification as a school psychologist.
• Experience with play therapy principles.
• Experience / training in behavior planning, teacher and parent consultation, parent training, and psychological evaluations.
• Strong interpersonal skills; collaborates and works well with a team.
• Familiarity with Judaic curriculum, customs and holidays required. Some Hebrew language fluency is preferred.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering:
• A competitive salary will be based on education and experience
• Comprehensive benefits package
• A 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% company match (starting with the 2022-23 school year.)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• School paid lunch.
• Continuous school-wide Professional Development
• The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
Now is an exciting time to join us!