ASHAR, a yeshiva elementary school in Rockland County, is seeking a full-time school psychologist.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for helping children thrive in a school setting and beyond, and join an experienced professional team deeply committed to the same. A minimum of three years of experience as a school-based mental health professional and an advanced degree is required, doctorate preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
• Classroom consultation with teachers and administrators to address individual and group behavioral, social and emotional concerns
• Development and implementation of a social-emotional learning curriculum
• Development and implementation of practical assessment tools
• Formulation of individualized student behavior plans
• Crisis management and consultation as necessary
• Efficient, proactive communication with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and other outside mental health professionals as appropriate
• Assisting students with conflict resolution and follow through
• Risk assessment
• Providing professional development and mentoring to school faculty
• Facilitating age-appropriate social skills groups
• Development of a comprehensive referral list of recommended mental health providers available for further individual consultation or treatment
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org