The Anne & Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto (TanenbaumCHAT) is a coeducational community Jewish high school. Located in North York, and with an enrolment of almost 1,300 students, TanenbaumCHAT has been a foundational community institution more than 60 years. We offer an exciting and extensive educational experience inside the classroom and beyond. Rigorous General and Jewish Studies curricula prepare students to attend the finest post-secondary institutions, to succeed in their chosen paths, and to become caring and contributing members of their communities.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer/Executive Director, the Accounting Specialist – Accounts Receivable is primarily responsible for receivables arising from the collection of tuition fees.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
• Post transactions using the in-house software system “Tuition Management” and Quickbooks general ledger
• Process payments issued by cheque, credit card, share transfers and EFT
• Balance tuition receivable between the Quickbooks general ledger and the Tuition Management subledger
• Work closely with the Tuition department to ensure coordination
• Report NSFs, overpayments and account balances to the Tuition department
• Issue charitable donation receipts to families
• Work with accounting team leader and the school’s auditor to prepare year-end statements
• Collaborate with others in the accounting department to ensure all financial actions are accurate
• Perform administrative and other tasks as needed such as maintaining files and records
• Understanding of GAPP accounting principles
• Strong computer skills including Quickbooks, Excel and other software
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
• Outstanding math skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficiency with 10-key typing and data entry
• Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com, specifying ‘Accounting Specialist” in the subject line.