Director of Admissions
To oversee the admissions of new students to the school from point of inquiry through enrollment.
To represent the school to prospective candidates and their families, primarily through tours of the school, personal interviews, parlor meetings, open houses, response to questions, and personal outreach.
To manage the process of admissions including:
• Efficient and responsive handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents
• Overseeing and coordinating the work of the admissions committee: Principal, Assistant principal, Psychologist, and Social worker
• Interviewing with candidates and their parents
• Arranging for admissions testing
• Securing of necessary student credentials
• Communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
In coordination with the Director of Communications, create appropriate admissions and marketing materials, mailings, and publications in print and online, including managing and updating the school website.
• In coordination with the Assistant Principal, manage the re-recruitment of current students for the succeeding year, including continuously monitoring attrition risks and coordinating re-enrollment processes.
• Prepare and maintain statistics regarding enrollment, geographical distribution of students, financial aid, and attrition. Interpret these statistics, when appropriate to the administration, faculty, and board of trustees.
– A passion for YCQ’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
– Superior interpersonal skills: warm, friendly demeanor, ability to connect with people, great listening skills, an abundance of patience and compassion, excellence in relationship building
– Innovative thinking with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results
– Superior management skills, including organizational skills, ability to juggle numerous tasks and prioritize, manage a full schedule, respond timely to communications, and set short-term and long-term goals.
-Education and experience needed to fulfill these qualifications