Instructor for Elementary School Limudei Kodesh for the 2022-23 school year.
The successful candidate will be an experienced individual who is warm, creative, professional, and energetic, and works well with children and adults. The candidate will be responsible for creating a nurturing and collaborative environment that cultivates learning Judaic studies subjects and skills, Hebrew language, and an appreciation of the State of Israel. Candidates must be knowledgeable about Judaics, with a demonstrated passion for elementary school education.
● Plan, build, execute, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school’s Judaic Studies curriculum
● Provide an environment that encourages participation, recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group, and offer support and flexibility as needed
● Work as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the mission of Maimonides
● Cultivate positive relationships with current and prospective students and parents
● Implement positive discipline
● Adhere to administration policies and rules
● Observe children and make notes of progress and development
● Provide a safe and secure environment in which children feel comfortable
● When teaching Hebrew, teach critical skills related to the four strands of language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
● Work collaboratively with co-teachers.
● Communicate with parents
● Supervise recess and lunch
Candidates should have a minimum of two years’ elementary or middle school teaching experience and a commitment to work as part of a collaborative team that prepares students with the skills, critical thinking abilities, and content knowledge to succeed as they develop as learners and progress toward middle school. A Master’s degree is preferred, as is interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Please apply to email@example.com with “Elementary School LK position” in the subject line.