Yeshiva University High School for Boys is looking for a dynamic, caring, organized, knowledgeable and thoughtful History
teacher leader to serve as our History Department chair for the 22-23 academic year. The ideal candidate will be passionate about student growth, and have a warm and engaging personality that can be used in developing meaningful relationships with each student. They will have mastery of educational pedagogy and the subject matter, but will also be strongly motivated by continued opportunities to grow and develop as an effective educator. We are looking for an experienced teacher leader who is comfortable working with both students and colleagues, and who is intentional about their leadership approach.
At YUHSB, each major subject has a Department Chair, a full time position that includes the management of that particular department within the school, in addition to teaching responsibilities. The History Department Chair reports to the Principal for General Studies.
The role of the Department Chair includes:
● Serving as a communication liaison between faculty and administration
● Serving as a content and pedagogical expert in the department, leading
conversations among the department team about teaching and learning.
● Keeping current on new educational developments relating to the department
● Assisting in hiring, training, evaluating and supporting faculty members in their
● Meeting regularly with administration and other department chairs to coordinate
school wide growth.
We are part of Yeshiva University, and benefit from the academic and cultural
opportunities of teaching on the university campus. Our general studies faculty hours
are 11:30 AM to 6 PM Monday through Thursday (no sessions on Friday), and we offer
competitive salary and benefits packages.
● Highly subsidized medical and dental plans
● Employer matched retirement plans
● Health and dependent care flexible savings accounts
Yeshiva University Tuition Remission Benefit:
Do you want to pursue a degree while working at MTA? The YU tuition benefit covers 100% of tuition costs for employees
enrolled in any YU program, 75% tuition costs for dependents in undergraduate programs, 50% for graduate programs, as well as generous tuition discounts for spouses.
Are you interested in joining our team and becoming an MTA Lion? Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.