Professional Development Resources Tag: Community

Personal and Public Prayer

This article originally appeared in Tradition 10,4, 1969. Appears here with permission. Rabbinic prayer, it is often said, is paradigmatic of the halakhic enterprise.... Read more

Modern Orthodox Jewish Day Schools and Non-Jews

This article explores the variety of issues and differences between Jewish Day Schools and Non-Jews. To read the article, click here. Read more

Responding to a Death in the Yeshivah High School Family: A Handbook/Checklist for Yeshivah Educators

Dr. Wolowelsky is Dean of the Faculty at the Yeshivah of Flatbush The first edition of this Handbook was published in 1987 by TEN,... Read more

Toward Spiritual Education

Addressing the Problem of “Disconnection”: Creating a Learning Environment of Personal Relevance and Passion based on the Wisdom of the Kabbalah I) The Problem:... Read more

Revolutionary Challenge – Changing the Classroom Culture Through Informal Education

This article originally appeared in Mifgashim. Part I What are the aims of our educational system? I want to suggest here that the... Read more

Money and How to Get it: What Every Educator Needs to Know About Fundraising

This article originally appeared in the Lookstein e-community Mifgashim. I. Being a Learner “I can’t do it, I just can’t do it,” a colleague... Read more

The Broad Torah: Of Pictures on Walls and in Hearts

Originally published in Ten Da’at 8:1, 1995. Appears here with permission. The scene: A classroom full of eager young high school boys learning Torah.... Read more