What Kind of Kids Are We Raising?
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

April 23, 2015 05:58PM
Someone on my email list sent me the reply below to the article at
[tinyurl.com]

I have no answer to his question "How could such a program be suggested and introduced?" Does anyone? YL

Yitzchok,
<<
I was riding the PATH this morning, and I see they have a new ad campaign, "The PATH to Courtesy", with the placard divided up into 6 sections, each with a pencil-type drawing of some misbehavior. They're labeled "Don't Eat and Drink on the Train", showing a fellow standing on the train munching a sandwich and spilling a drink as his annoyed neighbors look on; "Give up your Seat", as a woman is sprawled out reading her newspaper, while an elderly woman with groceries, a pregnant woman, and a man with crutches stand in front of her, and the caption suggests that they may need the seat more than you; etc.

This reminded me that courtesy has to be taught. If it is not being taught effectively at present, many times, at home, then this type of program, with this type of visual material, could be presented as a unit at school. Perhaps too early to teach driving courtesy, but you get the idea.

How could such a program be suggested and introduced?
>>
Subject Author Posted

Yitzchok Levine April 23, 2015 05:58PM

Re: What Kind of Kids Are We Raising?

Yitzchok Levine April 27, 2015 02:23PM

Re: What Kind of Kids Are We Raising?

Meira Josephy April 29, 2015 01:40PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character W defined in its font.