Re: Modern Hebrew / Biblical Hebrew curriculum
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

April 28, 2017 09:10AM
In response to Rabbi Daniel Freund's inquiry from Yeshivat Kadimah High School, I would like to suggest considering my textbook
Hinneh - Biblical Hebrew the Practical Way

While Hinneh is intended for the adult student, either in academia or in the larger community, it can certainly help teachers and curricula planners draw from it, adjust and apply to high school framework. I will be happy to help with the process in interested schools.

Hinneh is a serious, yet friendly introduction to the Biblical vocabulary and grammar. Both frequency and 'learnability' were considered when determining the order in which the various subjects are presented (an order very different than the that presenting Modern Hebrew). There is much overlap between Biblical and Modern Hebrew (e.g. forms of verbs), but also considerable differences (e.g. tenses of verbs). Teachers themselves will greatly appreciate studying from Hinneh in order to plan their teaching.

Hinneh includes a rich Tool Box, full of clear paradigms, useful frequently occurring nouns, prepositions and verbs with their complete conjugations.

Also, teachers will surely find very effective its innovative teaching method (e.g. use of color coding, comparative translations) to impart grammar, especially, the complex verb system.

Even schools that do not use Hinneh for teaching their students should have it in their library as a reliable reference for teachers to be able to consult, improve on their own familiarity with Biblical Hebrew and find answers for questions coming up when teaching the biblical texts.

More details about Hinneh can be found at:

[www.hebrew-with-halabe.com]
[www.hebrew-with-halabe.com]

For more information please contact me at rahelhalabe@gmail.com

Rahel
www.hebrew-with-halabe.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2017 09:11AM by mlb.
Subject Author Posted

Modern Hebrew / Biblical Hebrew curriculum

Daniel Freund April 28, 2017 09:07AM

Rahel Halabe April 28, 2017 09:10AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character 6 defined in its font.