Re: Teaching Gemara to weak students
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

February 19, 2018 06:06PM
Dear Dr. Berger:

I am responding to Chava Lerner’s request for suggestions on Teaching Gemara to Weaker Students. I have long believed that all students could benefit from being taught a course based on the comments of the Torah Temima as a means of assisting them in making the transition from Torah Sh’B’Ksav to Torah Sh’Baal Peh. From studying those comments, students learn Gemara in small bites but more importantly, they see the link between Torah Sh’B’Ksav and Torah Sh’Baal Peh. I also anticipate that will result in their remembering the comments of the Torah Temima each time they hear the Psukim they studied being read as part of Kriyas Ha’Torah.

To make the comments of the Torah Temima easily accessible to teachers by subject, I recently collaborated with Aviva Halpert, daughter of Rabbi Isidor Margolis, z”l, to scan and to post on-line a digital copy of Rabbi Margolis’ book: Mafteach L’Torah Temima, Index To The Torah Temima. The book consists of an alphabetical subject index which provides references to where in Chumasch the Torah Temima discusses each subject. Teachers can then easily create coursework by collecting the comments of the Torah Temima on a variety of subjects.

You can download a copy here:
[beureihatefila.com]

Abe Katz
Founding Director
The Beurei Hatefila Institute
www.beureihatefila.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 06:10PM by mlb.
Subject Author Posted

Teaching Gemara to weak students

lernerc@maayanot.org February 15, 2018 09:46PM

Abe Katz February 19, 2018 06:06PM

Pesach Sommer February 20, 2018 06:49PM

Tzvika Kanarek February 26, 2018 05:46PM

Chaim Cowen March 06, 2018 11:50AM

Abie Zayit March 15, 2018 08:32PM

Meir Fachler March 26, 2018 11:50AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character X defined in its font.