Re: Research on ivrit instruction
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

May 05, 2016 07:52AM
A good place to see a review of research on Hebrew Language Instruction is a recent article that appeared in the Journal of Jewish Education (Volume 80, Issue 3, pages 256-286) authored by Sharon Avni. Although it focuses on Hebrew language instruction in North America, it will likely be of interest to others, as well.

Avni described her research methods as follows:

<<
With all of these caveats in mind, my method for surveying the field included archival research in JJE, in which I identified approximately 90 substantive articles over the course of its 80-year history that had something to say about teaching and learning Hebrew to American Jews. I also extensively searched the article database on the NYU Berman Jewish Policy Archive website and did extensive searches on Google Scholar to identify newspaper articles, manuscripts, and dissertations on Hebrew education from outside the pages of the Journal of Jewish Education. Norman Drachler’s (1996) A Bibliography of Jewish Education in the United States was also a central resource for locating relevant literature. I read and coded each article according to thematic categories. My efforts offer a comprehensive body of scholarship that represents work by leading figures in the field as well as lesser known scholars.
>>

You can see an abstract of her article here - [jtec.macam.ac.il]

and the full text (behind a pay wall) here - [www.tandfonline.com]

Alyssa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2016 07:55AM by mlb.
Subject Author Posted

Research on ivrit instruction

David Fisher April 21, 2016 06:50AM

Alyssa Sonnenblick May 05, 2016 07:52AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character H defined in its font.