Bar-Ilan responsa project query
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

July 28, 2016 02:51AM
I imagine that most institutions now use the online version of the Bar Ilan Responsa. For that version, does anyone know how to copy and paste text without extraneous letters? For example, if you copy a line of the Shulchan Aruch, you will also get the letters referencing the Magen Avraham, Mishna Berura etc. I wonder if there is a way to not have those appear (other than to manually delete them all after pasting).

Also, I have 2 specific questions for using the Responsa with Google Chrome. I have found that it does not copy the source, just the text. So if you copy something from Maakot daf vav, Makkot daf vav will not appear when you cut and paste (as it would if you were using Internet Explorer), is there a way to change that on the online version?

Finally, the cut and pasted version from Google Chrome will often, at the end of a line, cut off a word in the middle and have the remaining letters of the word on the next line. Once again, I do not find that to be the case when copying from Internet Explorer, does anyone know how to deal with that for Google Chrome?

Now, one could argue that I should just use Internet Explorer, but I have been having issues using the Responsa with the new Internet Edge browser.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Yaakov Blau
Subject Author Posted

Yaakov Blau July 28, 2016 02:51AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character 6 defined in its font.