Welcome to Lookjed
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome to Lookjed

December 27, 1998 05:00AM
<HTML>Welcome to Lookjed. As I indicated in the invitation to which you
responded, the purpose of this list is to encourage discussion and sharing of ideas and information among Jewish educators. Depending on the volume of mail that the list receives, I plan to send out postings two or three times a week. You are certainly invited to "lurk" on the list (in email parlance a "lurker" is one who subscribes to a list but does not actively participate), but it will be beneficial to all concerned if you contribute when you have something to say.

It is likely that you received a list of technical instructions together
with the message that you have been added to the list. One IMPORTANT matter. When you write to the list you CANNOT address your mail to <lookjed@vm.biu.ac.il>. You MUST write to <lookjed@mail.biu.ac.il>. If you write to the first address, you'll get a message back that you are not authorised to write to that address. You might want to save the correct address in your email address book, as you will not be able to write with a simple "reply to author" command.

The address issue comes up because I am moderating the list. Rather than getting a large number of messages generated automatically by the computer's mail system, you'll get the letters organized logically in one mailing. I hope that this will help keep the list from becoming unwieldly, something that has been my experience with some of lists that I recieve. My request of you is that your letters be relatively brief and to the point. This will both allow others to read them without feeling overwhelmed, and will encourage you to write if it is clear that you can feel comfortable
responding without writing a dissertation.

The response to my original mailing of invitations has been very
encouraging. Within a few days I'll try to let you know how many people have joined the list. In the meantime the list is open for your postings.

Shalom, Shalom</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Welcome to Lookjed

welcome to lookjed list December 27, 1998 05:00AM

Re: Welcome to Lookjed

Shalom Berger January 13, 1999 05:00AM

Re: Welcome to Lookjed

Shalom Berger January 18, 1999 05:00AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character U defined in its font.