Conservative, Orthodox, pluralistic and Reform day school organizations to merge
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Conservative, Orthodox, pluralistic and Reform day school organizations to merge

January 20, 2016 09:11AM
The JTA is reporting a merger of the Jewish Community Day School Network (RAVSAK), the Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education (PEJE), Yeshiva University School Partnership, the Schechter Day School Network and Day Schools of Reform Judaism (PARDES).
[www.jta.org]

According to the report:
<<
[T]he planning team, representing leaders from each group, said, “The formation of a single integrated day school organization will optimize the quality of services we provide to the schools we serve, giving them the resources they need to build the strongest possible future. It is a definitive affirmation of the centrality of day schools in Jewish life and reflects our dedication to seeing Jewish learning, literacy, culture and commitment flourish in a rapidly changing world.”

The new group will “network colleagues and schools of different ideologies and geographies to address shared challenges and capitalize on shared opportunities, while still providing distinct services and counsel to schools from within similar streams.”
>>

Beyond the joint annual day school conference – where my Lookstein colleagues and I have met many of you in recent years – I think that it would be instructive if day school professionals who have worked with these various organizations would share their experiences and how they believe this merger will impact on their work.

As the traditional question goes: Is it good for the Jews?

I look forward to your input.

Shalom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 09:11AM by mlb.
Subject Author Posted

Shalom Berger January 20, 2016 09:11AM

Re: Conservative, Orthodox, pluralistic and Reform day school organizations to merge

Jeremiah Unterman January 20, 2016 02:24PM

Re: Conservative, Orthodox, pluralistic and Reform day school organizations to merge

Elisha Paul January 21, 2016 08:08AM

Chaim Ingram January 21, 2016 08:12AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character T defined in its font.