Re: College campus redux
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

July 10, 2016 12:06PM
Sasson Gabbai refers to anecdotal evidence that campuses have become more dangerous than they were in the past, and asks if graduating high school seniors should be directed to schools like YU for college.

I really don't know whether or not the "rape culture" on campuses is as described. Students should be aware, however, that continuing their education within the "bubble" of the Orthodox community is, by definition, somewhat limiting.

Teachers (and students) may want to read this blogpost
[whoknowsoneblog.wordpress.com] entitled "Thank God I Did Not Attend YU."

An excerpt:
<<
Had I gone to YU, I would have been a completely different person. Had I gone to YU, I would know less Torah, science, history, and probably less about every other academic discipline. Instead, I am graduating UCLA with having learned computer programming, neuroscience, psychology, philosophy, general religious history, Jewish history, and having learned almost a third of Shas, along with a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of Hilchot Shabbat. Had I gone to YU, I would have been trapped in the ridiculous dating world that is plaguing the Modern Orthodox community in New York, creating unnecessary stress and pressure amongst all its captives. Instead, I was able to naturally meet a girl in college, date without the help of third-parties, cut out all the superficial nonsense that goes on in the YU dating world, and get engaged to the love of my life.
>>

Alyssa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 12:08PM by mlb.
Subject Author Posted

College campus redux

Sasson Gabbai July 06, 2016 08:12AM

elasson July 07, 2016 01:23PM

Alyssa Sonnenblick July 10, 2016 12:06PM

Alyssa Sonnenblick July 17, 2016 11:33AM

Sasson Gabbai July 24, 2016 08:14AM

Wallace Greene July 27, 2016 09:47PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character 9 defined in its font.