Re: College campus redux
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

July 24, 2016 08:14AM
Earlier this month I submitted a query, asking whether the current "rape culture" on college campuses should encourage us to question whether secular campuses are appropriate educational venues for our students, sons and (especially) daughters.

The responses that I received both on and off-list make me wonder whether Jewish educators are fully aware of the pervasive atmosphere of oppressive sexual culture on American college campuses. I strongly recommend that people read this first-person account written by a philosophy professor in a faith-based college, who reports on her students' descriptions of their experiences on campus - [www.crisismagazine.com]

An excerpt:
<<
Once the culture embraced non-marital sex and made it the norm, women who do not want to have casual sex often feel like outcasts, like weirdos. College is the last place where one wants to feel like an utter misfit; couple that with the fact that first year students are away from home for the first time—lonely, vulnerable, insecure—and you have the recipe for meaningless sexual encounters followed by anxiety and depression.
>>

If day school graduates somehow arrange to avoid these experiences, I would be pleased to be proven wrong.

Sasson
Subject Author Posted

College campus redux

Sasson Gabbai July 06, 2016 08:12AM

elasson July 07, 2016 01:23PM

Alyssa Sonnenblick July 10, 2016 12:06PM

Alyssa Sonnenblick July 17, 2016 11:33AM

Sasson Gabbai July 24, 2016 08:14AM

Wallace Greene July 27, 2016 09:47PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character N defined in its font.