Re: A personal note about the situation in Israel
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

November 27, 2015 11:51AM
Dear Sir,

My name is Dvorah Serrao and I am the Judaic Studies Director of the Tachekmoni Elementary School in Antwerp, Belgium.

Every week I read the questions on the forum and they inspire inspires me a lot in my day to day professional life.

This week, I am surprised. And sad.

As I open my mail coming from this forum,I read about Ezra Shwartz zal and I heart breaks again as I read what a beautiful this young man was.

I scroll down and to my surprise…. I don’t read a word about what French and Belgium Jews are going through. Not a word of sympathy, not one colleague reaching out to ask how are the Jews living under terror threat…And I ask myself: Are educators part of the same community? We always emphasize the importance of Israel and the Diaspora and we will continue to do it also on this side of the globe. But what about simply asking….who are those Jews who, in Bruxelles, did not go shul last week because the terror threat are too high? Who are those children who did not go to school until last Wednesday because the Government decided that it was too dangerous.

Well those Jews exist. We try to tell our children that they should continue to prepare for Hanuka. We tell our students that we need to continue to be an example and a model for the rest of the world: our school is preparing a Toy Drive where all toys will be distributed to sick children in Antwerp hospitals…no matter what the color of their skin is.

We will continue to inspire and promote our values. We will not let them spoil our ambition of educating toward respect, Jewish Values and Tradition.

My message does not need to be posted as it is. But this is a real question for my Diaspora colleagues…

Wishing you a shabat shalom,
Dvorah Serrao
Dvorah.serrao@tachkemoni.be

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2015 07:23PM by mlb.
Subject Author Posted

A personal note about the situation in Israel

Shalom Berger November 26, 2015 08:09AM

Response to a Personal Note by Shalom Berger

Yitzchok Levine November 26, 2015 09:58PM

Dvorah Serrao November 27, 2015 11:51AM

Amihai Bannett December 01, 2015 07:41AM

Shalom Berger December 03, 2015 08:36AM

irwin j (yitzchak) mansdorf December 03, 2015 08:38AM

Yitzchok Levine December 03, 2015 08:44AM

Shalom Berger December 06, 2015 02:26PM

Shmuel Silberman December 06, 2015 07:06PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character G defined in its font.