Re: Libraries in the digital age
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

January 04, 2016 08:49PM
During my years at Shulamith, classes had scheduled times to visit the library. The girls were introduced to literary themes, genres, library skills, and specific books that they did not learn about in the classroom. I worked to increase the youngsters' powers of imagination, ability to analyze reading material, awareness of the world around them, understanding of interpersonal relationships, and more.

I planned and implemented a number of successful programs: book or author elections, picture book creation, Jewish Book Month activities. The enthusiasm generated by these out-of-the-classroom activities was long-lasting.

It is a known fact that students thrive on time spent in different settings. In the library, students discover skills and technologies beyond what a teacher provides in the classroom. What is more, numerous studies have demonstrated that children and teens attending schools with physical libraries perform better in math, science, and other subjects.

In short, a library is not merely a collection of books supervised by a librarian interested only in maintaining a quiet space. It is a vital learning center containing carefully selected reading, viewing, and listening materials and state-of-the-art computers--and staffed by knowledgeable, talented educational professionals who play a strong role in preparing students for academic and professional success.
Subject Author Posted

Libraries in the digital age

Wallace Greene January 03, 2016 10:34AM

deborah January 04, 2016 05:29PM

Susan Dubin January 04, 2016 05:40PM

Russel Neiss January 04, 2016 07:55PM

Beverly Geller January 04, 2016 08:34PM

Basya Karp, Librarian January 04, 2016 08:49PM

Aviva R January 05, 2016 05:23AM

Rachel Abrahams January 11, 2016 09:11PM

Joyce Levine March 20, 2016 07:50AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

banner class does not have character C defined in its font.