Key Curricular Features:
- Interactive instructional materials, videos, and multimedia presentations for each perek
- Activities, assignments, quizzes, and assessments with corresponding rubrics – can be used in face-to-face or online classrooms
- Teacher dashboard with data reporting
- Teacher’s guide with instructional objectives and pedagogic guidance
- Teacher training
- Currently available: ספר יהושע , ספר שמואל ב
Why Blended? Blended learning allows teachers to better identify and meet the needs of individual students while maintaining – and in many cases increasing – performance and efficiency of the entire class.
How Does it Work? The Lookstein Center’s Blended Navi Curriculum is a fully digital curriculum that includes instructional materials, multimedia, and assessments—all controlled by the local classroom teacher. Teachers receive training to manage content, assign activities, and track student progress. They determine which content to assign and to which students, decide on a timeline, and respond to student work, controlling all elements of pace, place, and path. Materials can be implemented in online or face-to-face classrooms.
“…The idea of the teacher being a ‘guide on the side’ instead of a ‘sage on the stage’ really resonated with me. It is difficult to find ways to help students be independent learners and to take responsibility for their own learning, but our conversations during the training helped me understand how a blended learning model provides an environment that gives students autonomy over their own learning. When I did start teaching with the curriculum, the students loved the activities and the videos and I loved that they were taking charge.”