Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 320 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
The School Psychologist will be responsible for the social/emotional health of the student body, the Social/Emotional Curiculum at Luria, and a partner to the inclusion program at Luria Academy. They serve as an administrator under the Director of Student Support Services for matters involving policies, procedures and systems, including setting school-wide goals and priorities, identifying areas for improvement, and helping craft a vision for the future of Luria’s social/emotional programs. They collaborate closely with other members of the school’s Educational Leadership Team to ensure that our program maximally support the school’s mission and vision centered on each student’s academic and social/emotional development.
• In collaboration with the Educational Leadership Team, develops and articulates a vision for Luria’s social/emotional curriculum
• Partners with the Director of support services to ensure the success of Luria’s inclusion program
• Supports students struggling with social/emotional challenges
• Supports teacher implementation of the SEL curriculum
• Liaison for outside mental health professionals supporting our students
• Facilitates group and individual counseling, social skills groups, etc, as needed
• Supports faculty to successfully meet the needs of all learners including developing intervention programs, differentiating lessons, RTI, and social interactions
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills with adults and children
● Active school psychology license
● A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a school setting
● Experience developing and implementing a school social/emotional curriculum
● Must have excellent leadership, management and organizational skills
Please send cover letter and resume to: Amanda Pogany, Head of School, Amanda@luria-academy.org