Brauser Maimonides Academy is seeking a compassionate and experienced Elementary School Counselor to join our team. The counselor will be responsible for providing counseling support services to elementary school students in order to increase their wellbeing and help them achieve social-emotional and academic success. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of child development, behavioral issues, psychoeducational assessments, and effective counseling techniques.
As an Elementary School Counselor focused on social and emotional well-being, you will play a critical role in helping students develop the skills and coping strategies they need to navigate life’s challenges, build resilience and thrive. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children, and to contribute to a supportive and nurturing school community.
• Provide individual and group counseling/interventions to students in grades K-5 on various issues such as academic performance, behavioral issues, family concerns, peer relationships, and mental health concerns.
• Conduct assessments and evaluations of students to determine their needs and develop appropriate counseling plans.
• Work collaboratively with teachers, parents, and administrators to identify and address the needs of students.
• Create and implement school-wide programs to promote positive social and emotional development.
• Maintain accurate and confidential records of student counseling sessions, assessments, and progress.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school-related events as required.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest counseling techniques, educational practices, and regulations related to the counseling profession.
• Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, School Counseling or Psychology/Counseling related field.
• Florida State licensure or certification (preferred)
• Experience working with children in an educational or counseling setting.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with school staff, parents, and community members.
• Knowledge of child development, mental health issues, and counseling theories and techniques.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards of the counseling profession.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Contact Email: email@example.com