Kohelet Yeshiva is a warm, vibrant, and growing Modern Orthodox K-12 yeshiva day school in suburban Philadelphia.
Reporting to the school principals, the school nurse is a full-time, 10.5 month position with the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm on school days, except for Fridays when dismissal is earlier. The Nurse will serve as the primary medical resource to the school throughout the school day, helping support the assessment, evaluation and management of illness and basic injuries.
– Applicants must have proficient knowledge of pediatric nursing care and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a school nurse.
– Knowledge of the use of an EpiPen, Narcan administration, Diastat, and Blood Borne Pathogens protocol.
– Knowledge of Pennsylvania required immunizations as well as the CDC child and adolescent immunization schedule.
– Knowledge of Pennsylvania mandated school health requirements and services.
– Previous experience with Word, Excel, Sheets, Power Point, Google Docs, and Electronic Medical Recording system.
– This position requires either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing.
– Candidates must be licensed as a registered nurse (RN) and be CPR (BLS) certified.
– Certification through either the State Department of Education or Department of Health is required.